Paint selection is determined by the desired decorative effect, the functional demands, or the application technique. Some of the paint coatings available are:
- Acrylic Paints - Give a brittle, scratch resistant coating and resists most common oils. Transparent acrylic coatings can be applied for UV-protection.
- Epoxy Paints - Provide a hard, tough and glossy coating.
- Polysiloxane Coatings - Good chemical and scratch resistance properties.
- Polyurethane Paints - Flexible cold-curing coatings.
- Vinyl Paints - Produce a soft, rubbery coating.